These steps will guide you to send money from Israel to Nigeria instantly with Cash Pickup via any branch of GTBank or Fidelity. The money will be received in USD.
You will need to load money at the last stage, either from cash deposit at GMT, Super-Pharm or the Post office or from CREDIT/DEBIT CARD, or BANK/DOAR BANK TRANSFER). Once you have a Balance, you can send this money
If you are a new user, ensure that you have already signed up for a Rewire account before you follow this guide. If you have an account, log into your account.
Please also note that we can now send USD funds to Fidelity and GT Bank USD bank accounts.
1. Get Started
In order to create an order to Send Money with Rewire, click on the Send Money tab or the Get Started button on the homepage.
2. Enter the amount to send
Enter the amount you want to send from Euros (or Pounds) into USD in Nigeria into the calculator. You will see how much you will receive exactly based on today's rate. Click on Next once you are ready.
3. Add Receiver Details
Enter the Receiver's details (first name, last name, receiver city, receiver phone number).
Please check that the information you key in is correct because mistakes can lead to delays in the transfer. Click on Next after that.
*Notice that the currency now appears in USD
4. Select the Receiving Method
Select the Cash Pick-up option.
5. Use Cash Pick-up
Cash Pick-up is now selected which includes GT Bank and Fidelity banks, now enter the Receiver's address, click "Add".
If you are a new customer you will need to upload a clear image of your ID/Passport photo or take a new photo of yours, for verification purposes. Click “Choose Document” to choose your form of ID, then upload it and make sure it’s clear.
If you are a new customer you will need to enter your Israeli address including street, building number, apartment number, postal code and city. Select your gender and date of birth then click “Next.”
6. Choose Payment Method
If you would like your Receiver to get a wire transfer direct from your Israeli bank click here if you would like to get a wire transfer direct from your Postal Doar Account click here. Please note that wire transfers give you a 10% refund of fees.
If you would like to pay from your credit/debit card click here
If you would like to pay from your Jerusalem Bank Cash/Salary Card click here
If you would like to pay cash continue to the next step.
7. Review and Send
This is the last step before your order is created.
Ensure that the order details (recipient, bank details of the recipient, the amount you are sending) are correct.
Take note of the expected date you will receive the payment in your receiving country.
Click "Create Order" to continue.
8. Acknowledgement and Receipt of Money
There will be a pop up to let you know that the order is created. Once the money is loaded
It will take up to 30 minutes for the money to reach the cash pick-up. Make sure you deposit cash if you need to or transfer from your bank/doar account. Your beneficiary will get an SMS once it arrives at the bank and you will be notified by us that it has arrived. It will also be shown on your Rewire Home and History tab.
See below on specific instructions according to the different bank pick-ups.
1) The beneficiary needs to mention Thunes at the collection point and presents the collection code
2) The beneficiary needs to fill in a form, an address is not mandatory
3) The beneficiary provides either a BVN (bank verification number) or any Regulatory ID: International valid PP (if its foreigner, they need to ensure the PP is not expired and has a valid entry to Nigeria), Nigerian Driver’s License, National ID - If they don't have a BVN: BVN can be created in the branch, provided you have a valid ID, it takes 24 hours for a BVN to be created, it can be used for any bank in Nigeria
Fidelity offers 250 branches
Monday - Friday
Lagos Island: 8:00 AM - 3:00 pm
Lagos Mainland & upcountry: 08:00 - 04:00 PM
1) Recipient needs to go with the cash pick up code, their BVN and an ID: Regulatory ID: International valid PP (if its foreigner, needs to ensure the PP is not expired and has valid entry to Nigeria), Nigerian Driver's License, National ID; Bank Verification Number)
- No need for the beneficiary to fill in a form
- If no BVN: BVN can be created in the branch, provided you have a Valid ID, it takes 24 hours for a BVN to be created, it can be used for any bank in Nigeria
GT Bank offers 232 banks
Operating hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5pm
You are done!
Just sit back and relax while your money reaches your home safely.